Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Walking Away...

 Ain't no quit in me!

I will hold on even when my shoulders burn and my fingers bleed.

I will revisit a situation from every angle. TWICE.

I will stick it out with nothing but grit and lint rollers to my name.

I will fight and pray until I get on God's nerves.

But I won't quit.

And that's why I struggle to walk away.

Walking away is when you realize you are part of a fight that wasn't yours to begin with.

Walking away happens when the outcome is beyond you.

Walking away is needed when you've exhausted all of your resources, and nothing's changed.

And Sunday, I walked away.

I'm not going to fight older generations refusing to embrace their golden years by not stepping down.

I'm not going to quarrel with old saints.

I'm going to let them be their version of "great."

And that means, walking away.

I'll carry my sadness with me.

And work through it.

And I'll wait patiently until it's my time.

Because apparently, it's now time for me to walk away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It ALL Happened So Fast...

 Little one. My little one. My dearest little one. It's been 12 years since I decided to fight for your life. Throwing caution to the wi...