Wednesday, January 3, 2024

And Another One...

 I thank God for letting me see another year.

My health ain't health-ing

And my wealth ain't wealth-ing.

But I'm here and in my right mind.

I was obedient in my charge last year.

I was immediately met with resistance. 

I was courageous in my charge.

And I taught, spread, and proclaimed the Gospel that is Jesus Christ.

I was studious in my charge.

And I put in the work and showed up ready to work.

And all of this left me feeling drained. 

Because at the end of the day, 

My earthly responsibilities don't stop because I answer God's calling on my life.

And I take my responsibilities seriously. 

And I got my sister to the alter.

And I made birthday cakes.

And I coordinated vacations.

And I got through another semester of homeschooling.

And I did an infinite amount of chores, particularly laundry.

And I cooked 90% of our meals.

And I magicked the holidays.

And through it all, God kept me.

He kept me cool when it was hot and warm during the cold.

God kept me alert and wise.

God kept me clothed, sheltered, and fed.

During a recession. 

God kept me strong enough to put in the work whenever I could,

and wise enough to lean on Him when I couldn't.

2023 was a year of learning and of being kept.

And as grateful as I am for what I've learned and grown to understand,

I promise I'll be just as grateful if 2024 was easier.

I am so tired and could use a break.

For an entire year. 

Give me a break from medical issues.

I'll gladly take a break from being broke. 

Break me away from recession and inflation.

Matter fact, let's call it what it is, PRICE GAUGING! 

But the reality is, 2024 is an election year.

So here comes the shenanigans.

Lord, we need you now more than ever before. 

We need you in our coming and going.

We need your guidance, protection, and love.

I need your favor.

So that I can sit here a year from now proclaiming your dopeness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It ALL Happened So Fast...

 Little one. My little one. My dearest little one. It's been 12 years since I decided to fight for your life. Throwing caution to the wi...