People keep talking about Christmas trees as if there's no turkeys to cook.
As if there isn't homework to complete.
Or practices to attend.
And shows to performs.
People act as if there are no children whose candy intake must be monitored.
As if Jesus' birthday is the only one left to celebrate.
As if there is no work involved in sending out Christmas cards.
As if all other responsibilities are gone.
And it's all making my head spin.
I do too much to calendar hop.
I have to focus on one thing at a time.
And so many of my things are so back-to-back that I barely have time to breathe deeply during the in-betweens.
And then there's the guilt.
My kid won't get a lot of things for Christmas.
There may not be a huge feast.
Or a new dress and shoes.
And then there's the gratitude.
Because by the grace of God.
We won't be hungry.
Or homeless.
There will be a couple of presents.
And a new experience.
And an old tradition.
And a time to shine.
And an opportunity to serve.
And a small break from the day-to-day rush.
And togetherness.
And I hope we can all find some reason to celebrate during this upcoming holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment