The last time I was here,
I was running.
If I stop, so do the wheels of my life.
But my life is not my own.
I've surrendered myself to the will of God,
Through Jesus Christ.
And He wants me well rested.
So that the message goes forth.
The devil uses distraction to disconnect us from God.
Lucifer doesn't want us to hear the voice of God.
So he uses our greed, pride, and (mom) guilt.
To make us feel like we should constantly keep going.
But in the words of Encanto's Luisa, it's all just surface pressure.
We should be growing,
And evolving
From within.
Homes, cars, and electronics have no use in the grave.
In heaven.
Or hell.
When I die,
May this sin sick world declare,
My love for Christ,
Through my compassion for,
And service to,
And grace applied,
And mercy granted,
To His children.
May those who knew me.
Proclaim that I walked in my charge,
Regardless of naysayers,
Regardless of pain,
Regardless of exhaustion.
That I was rested enough.
To answer the call,
God Himself,
Placed on my life.
This is why I will actively seek stillness.
So that my wants, desires, and attitude
Are NEVER louder,
Than His voice.
In the name of Jesus,
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment