Wednesday, September 27, 2023

The Waiting Is Over

 Benign.

There is a tumor, 

But it's benign.

And yesterday, Mr. Miracle turned 15.

There will be another surgery, which sucks.

But that's it. 

That's the treatment. 

I'd declared my will to serve the Lord regardless of the results.

There was a time that I hated God.

I understood His power and was angry that He wouldn't rescue me.

But a faith that can't be tested, can't be trusted.

Those tests prepared me for my high-risk pregnancy. 

When doctors told me to abort or die.

She's eleven.

Those tests prepared me for my nephew's cancer.

The last treatment occurred four years ago, on the 30th. 

Those tests prepared me for my sister's cancer.

It was diagnosed 7 months after my nephew's last treatment.

She needed surgery only, no treatments. 

And then there's the day-to-day living.

Inflation is crazy, and yet we live off of one income.

I can homeschool as I've always wanted to. 

I can monitor my health and strength. 

I can share Christ without the restraints of politics. 

And though inflation seems like it isn't going anywhere,

Neither has God's hand of provision.

Those tests made my faith strong. 

And here I sit, grateful for another miracle.

And if I'm totally honest, 

I'd prefer God to let this be the last health scare my nephew has.

He's been through so much.

But, I am not God.

So, I will serve Him.

No matter the moment,

or wait,

or pain,

or hurt,

or confusion.

God was, God is, God will always be. 

I'm just a small part in His grand design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It ALL Happened So Fast...

 Little one. My little one. My dearest little one. It's been 12 years since I decided to fight for your life. Throwing caution to the wi...